Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Review of The King's Speech

                My Weekend was pretty good.  My friend and I went and saw The King’s Speech.  The movie is basically about this guy that is next in line to be the king of England, who suffers from a speech impediment.  The job of being King entails him to have to speak publically so he has to undergo therapy in order to control his stammer.   The whole movie is based around the relationship between the future king and his therapist.  It is rated R purely based on the language.   The film is an Oscar and Golden Globe nominee and Colin Firth, King George the 6th, won a Golden Globe for best actor in a motion picture.  Although at times I thought the movie was kind of boring, I personally thought the movie was really good and very well acted.
                What this movie lacks in action and violence, it makes up for it in the extremely believable acting.  Colin Firth’s take on King George the 6th is so convincing and really grabs your attention.   I would not recommend taking young children or people with short attention spans to see this movie.  This movie is definitely for mature teenagers or adults not because of the R rating, but because of the seriousness and sincerity of it.  Overall, it was very enjoyable and I am glad I saw it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment