Monday, May 9, 2011

Free Ticket

            A couple months ago, I went to a concert at the SLUE campus.  A really good band was playing there called Vampire Weekend.  I have always been a fan of their music, but did not know they were playing in my area till about a week prior to the show. 
            My brother called me up and told me he got two free tickets to see Vampire Weekend and he wanted to take me.   I was very excited until I heard the day it was on.  That very day I told a fellow co-worker that I would work for him the day of the concert.  I was in a pickle.  I really wanted to see Vampire Weekend, but I also didn’t want to come off as a jerk and tell my co-worker I couldn’t work for him. 
            I eventually gave up hope on the concert and decided that I would follow through with what I promised my co-worker.  That was until I got a phone call from another co-worker of mine.  She said she was desperate for more hours and would be grateful if I gave her some of mine.  Obviously, I was overjoyed and gave her the hours that would have taken away a free ticket and a great time.
            This was a very fortunate occurrence for me.  The band was phenomenal and I had a wonderful time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment